The League of American Bicyclists and the Alliance for Biking & Walking have announced a new, three-year campaign to double federal funding for bicycling and walking by 2013. The Advocacy Advance initiative is backed by renewed support from SRAM, an innovative maker of bicycle components. The League and Alliance have been awarded up to $1.2 million from SRAM over the next three years to unite active transportation advocates across the nation and give them tools and resources to secure increased funding from existing federal transportation programs for critical bicycle and pedestrian projects. Read more.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- We are loving our national parks to death. Luckily we have amazing outdoor places close to home in NYS to enjoy. fb.me/4tBg7DW4O 7 hours ago
- @WAMCVoxPop @CycleTheErie ...And don't forget to look for #BikeFriendlyNewYork certified businesses on your next ri… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 23 hours ago
- @WAMCRadio #VoxPop Check out information on #BikeFriendlyNewYork business cert program bit.ly/2vGVuNP https://t.co/o0Lvizs7xt 23 hours ago
- Talking trails.... Check out @WAMCVoxPop right now for some great hiking and biking ideas @CycleTheErie 23 hours ago
- This is Randy Melanie and Jan from PA! Congrats on completing your ride from Buffalo to Albany! #EmpireStateTrail… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
TagsAdirondacks advocacy albany amtrak ARTA awards bikes Bridge budget Buffalo Canal Corporation Canal Corps capital region Clean Sweep close the gaps Complete Streets congress Cuomo cycling dutchess county economic development economy Enhancements EPF funding Gillibrand Governor Cuomo Grant grants greenway history HTHP Hudson River Hudson Valley infrastructure jobs kingston lake placid legislation MAP-21 maps money national park's service national trails day New York new york city NYSDOT oprhp parks poughkeepsie recreation recreational trails program ribbon cutting RTP Safe routes to school saratoga scenic rail scenic Railroad Senator Gillibrand state parks studies study Syracuse technical assistance tourism Transportation Transportation Alternatives Transportation enhancements Tupper lake Ulster County utica walking walkway Walkway over the Hudson webinar
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?