A recent study in a 5 county area of Southeastern Pennsylvania determined that $795 million in medical costs was avoided annually in the area through physical activity that takes place on protected open space in the region. In addition, the study estimated that estimated that businesses in southeastern Pennsylvania avoid $485 million in lost productivity costs per year as a result of the physical activities their employees engage in on protected open space in the region. Economic Value of Protected Open Space in Southeastern Pennsylvania Report. November 16, 2010, By the Economy League of Greater Philadelphia, Econsult Corporation and the Keystone Conservation Trust for The GreenSpace Alliance and the Delaware Valley Regional Planning Commission.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- Arts & crafts day? No, just prep for #TroyTrailConnections Pop up Demo on Saturday in Troy @TroyCityHall… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 4 hours ago
- Join us for Bike Your Park Day! buff.ly/2jmUgDw https://t.co/0Fqf2mlehB 13 hours ago
- Our latest eNews. Do you subscribe? It's easy. ow.ly/xLJn30fia2R fb.me/zJ4VbM0m 18 hours ago
- Join your friends, neighbors and co-workers as the Hudson Valley goes car free for the day! buff.ly/2xkkeME… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 day ago
- 5 State Parks You May Never Have Heard Of buff.ly/2xiQ2lu https://t.co/loWtltIXFt 1 day ago
TagsAdirondacks advocacy albany amtrak ARTA awards bikes Bridge budget Buffalo Canal Corporation Canal Corps capital region Clean Sweep close the gaps Complete Streets congress Cuomo cycling dutchess county economic development economy Enhancements EPF funding Gillibrand Governor Cuomo Grant grants greenway history HTHP Hudson River Hudson Valley infrastructure jobs kingston lake placid legislation MAP-21 maps money national park's service national trails day New York new york city NYSDOT oprhp parks poughkeepsie recreation recreational trails program ribbon cutting RTP Safe routes to school saratoga scenic rail scenic Railroad Senator Gillibrand state parks studies study Syracuse technical assistance tourism Transportation Transportation Alternatives Transportation enhancements Tupper lake Ulster County utica walking walkway Walkway over the Hudson webinar
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?