Wintery weather may make spring seem distant, but preparations for the 6th annual Canal Clean Sweep are underway. This year’s statewide “spring cleaning” of the NYS Canal System and Canalway Trail is set for Friday, Saturday and Sunday, April 15, 16 and 17. In recognition of Earth Day and in advance of the 186th consecutive navigation season on the Canal System, the NYS Canal Corporation, in partnership with Parks & Trails New York, the NYS Environmental Facilities Corporation and the NYS Consumer Protection Board, is once again encouraging groups and municipalities to engage in clean up and beautification activities along the Canal Corridor. Groups holding Clean Sweep events will receive free T-shirts if they register by the deadline of March 2, 2011. To learn more, contact Parks & Trails New York or 518-434-1583.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- Join your friends, neighbors and co-workers as the Hudson Valley goes car free for the day! buff.ly/2xkkeME… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 hour ago
- 5 State Parks You May Never Have Heard Of buff.ly/2xiQ2lu https://t.co/loWtltIXFt 2 hours ago
- Bike sharing + the Erie Canalway Trail = a perfect match! fb.me/wIpVavyL 8 hours ago
- A game-changer for New York State! That's what PTNY calls the Empire State Trail in this article in the The Daily... fb.me/1DR55nGGp 1 day ago
- Immerse yourself in forests and nature. It's good for you! fb.me/4eyHyemkP 2 days ago
TagsAdirondacks advocacy albany amtrak ARTA awards bikes Bridge budget Buffalo Canal Corporation Canal Corps capital region Clean Sweep close the gaps Complete Streets congress Cuomo cycling dutchess county economic development economy Enhancements EPF funding Gillibrand Governor Cuomo Grant grants greenway history HTHP Hudson River Hudson Valley infrastructure jobs kingston lake placid legislation MAP-21 maps money national park's service national trails day New York new york city NYSDOT oprhp parks poughkeepsie recreation recreational trails program ribbon cutting RTP Safe routes to school saratoga scenic rail scenic Railroad Senator Gillibrand state parks studies study Syracuse technical assistance tourism Transportation Transportation Alternatives Transportation enhancements Tupper lake Ulster County utica walking walkway Walkway over the Hudson webinar
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?