All bets are off when it comes to the federal funding programs that have had such a dramatic impact on bicycling, walking, and trail development in the last 20 years. The new, more conservative Congress is poised to draft the next Surface Transportation authorizing bill and already there are signs that programs like Transportation Enhancements, the Recreational Trails Program, and Safe Routes to School are in jeopardy. We need to be proactive. It is imperative that you let your Senators and Congressional representative know today how these programs have benefited tourism, alternative transportation, economic and personal health, and quality of life in your community. They must hear that their constituents value bicycle and pedestrian infrastructure and want programs that support its development to continue.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- We are loving our national parks to death. Luckily we have amazing outdoor places close to home in NYS to enjoy. fb.me/4tBg7DW4O 7 hours ago
- @WAMCVoxPop @CycleTheErie ...And don't forget to look for #BikeFriendlyNewYork certified businesses on your next ri… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 23 hours ago
- @WAMCRadio #VoxPop Check out information on #BikeFriendlyNewYork business cert program bit.ly/2vGVuNP https://t.co/o0Lvizs7xt 23 hours ago
- Talking trails.... Check out @WAMCVoxPop right now for some great hiking and biking ideas @CycleTheErie 23 hours ago
- This is Randy Melanie and Jan from PA! Congrats on completing your ride from Buffalo to Albany! #EmpireStateTrail… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
TagsAdirondacks advocacy albany amtrak ARTA awards bikes Bridge budget Buffalo Canal Corporation Canal Corps capital region Clean Sweep close the gaps Complete Streets congress Cuomo cycling dutchess county economic development economy Enhancements EPF funding Gillibrand Governor Cuomo Grant grants greenway history HTHP Hudson River Hudson Valley infrastructure jobs kingston lake placid legislation MAP-21 maps money national park's service national trails day New York new york city NYSDOT oprhp parks poughkeepsie recreation recreational trails program ribbon cutting RTP Safe routes to school saratoga scenic rail scenic Railroad Senator Gillibrand state parks studies study Syracuse technical assistance tourism Transportation Transportation Alternatives Transportation enhancements Tupper lake Ulster County utica walking walkway Walkway over the Hudson webinar
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?