From the NY Outdoors blog:
A portion of a trail affectionately dubbed the “Peanut Line” is now open for use. The history of the trail dates from 1855, when the New York Central Railroad acquired the space. In 2008, James Judkins of Canandaigua donated to the town of Canandaigua his section of the Peanut Line, which runs from County Road 30 to Cooley Road.
In its trails master plan adopted last year, the town of Canandaigua stated plans to connect the city of Canandaigua through the town to East Bloomfield with the Peanut Line Trail, with hopes to eventually continue to connect to Honeoye Falls.
Don’t confuse this with the Peanut Line Trail in Clarence (near Buffalo) which is a 6 mile trail, with a proposed extension, along an old rail system. This trail runs parallel to Clarence Center Road, from Meadowlakes Park to Kraus Road. Click here for info.