Governor Cuomo announced that New York is “Open for Business” ! New Regional Economic Council’s were revealed this month seeking to create a more holistic, targeted and comprehensive process for economic development in New York. The ten councils across the state will serve as single points of contact for economic activity and will develop five-year Strategic Plans which will compete for Regional Economic Competitive Grants and tax credits from a variety of agencies including the Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation and the NYS Canal Corporation. Public input will be a component of the councils which are currently taking public suggestions and it is recommended that each council hold two public forums while developing the strategic plan expected to be completed by November 2011.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- Happy Arbor Day! fb.me/7C659kkAm 1 hour ago
- Bike to Work Day 2017 is Friday, May 19th! Participate in an event near you! #BikeToWorkDay https://t.co/BOHTA3BB4N 21 hours ago
- RT @LWCFCOALITION: Thank you @RepJohnKatko for prioritizing #LWCF in your community! auburnpub.com/blogs/eye_on_n… 22 hours ago
- Press conference yesterday at Walkway Over the Hudson State Historic Park with AT&T to encourage all New Yorkers... fb.me/6yJOX46ws 1 day ago
- RT @WOTHSHP: At press conference for @PTNY's I Love My Park Day on May 6 with @NYstateparks, @ATT, elected officials, partners & volunteers… 1 day ago
TagsAdirondacks advocacy albany amtrak ARTA awards bikes Bridge budget Buffalo Canal Corporation Canal Corps capital region Clean Sweep close the gaps Complete Streets congress Cuomo cycling dutchess county economic development economy Enhancements EPF funding Gillibrand Governor Cuomo Grant grants greenway history HTHP Hudson River Hudson Valley infrastructure jobs kingston lake placid legislation MAP-21 maps money national park's service national trails day New York new york city NYSDOT oprhp parks poughkeepsie recreation recreational trails program ribbon cutting RTP Safe routes to school saratoga scenic rail scenic Railroad Senator Gillibrand state parks studies study Syracuse technical assistance tourism Transportation Transportation Alternatives Transportation enhancements Tupper lake Ulster County utica walking walkway Walkway over the Hudson webinar
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?