The extension of the current federal surface transportation bill is slated to expire on September 30. As Congress will primarily be focused on spending cuts related to the debt limit deal, it is unclear what will happen. In August, the Senate Environment and Public Works Committee released a short outline of a two-year transportation bill at current funding levels. The bill, called Moving Ahead for the 21st Century (MAP-21), does not mention bicycling and walking, but Chairman Boxer (D-CA) has indicated that Safe Routes to School, bike paths and recreational trails are included. The House has done nothing further on their version of the transportation bill since July. Continue to let your Representative and Senators Gillibrand and Schumer know how much programs like Recreational Trails, Transportation Enhancements, Safe Routes to School, and Congestion Mitigation Air Quality have added to the quality of life and health of the residents of your community.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- The Journey Along the Erie Canal ride begins today! Good luck cyclists!! @ourability buff.ly/2roQOKX https://t.co/YXT0j18xXi 6 hours ago
- Court rules in favor of protecting parkland in Queens, New York in important park alienation case in which PTNY... fb.me/2UEAGdTwA 11 hours ago
- What would we be without pollinators? Hungry! #NationalPollinatorWeek fb.me/EK7lx70m 1 day ago
- PTNY is getting excited for 2020, when the #EmpireStateTrail will be completed. In anticipation, here are some... fb.me/7nl4Pvw1L 2 days ago
- Wishin’ you could be Fishin’? Join Long Point State Park for #freefishing day June 25! buff.ly/2rVGzPL… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
TagsAdirondacks advocacy albany amtrak ARTA awards bikes Bridge budget Buffalo Canal Corporation Canal Corps capital region Clean Sweep close the gaps Complete Streets congress Cuomo cycling dutchess county economic development economy Enhancements EPF funding Gillibrand Governor Cuomo Grant grants greenway history HTHP Hudson River Hudson Valley infrastructure jobs kingston lake placid legislation MAP-21 maps money national park's service national trails day New York new york city NYSDOT oprhp parks poughkeepsie recreation recreational trails program ribbon cutting RTP Safe routes to school saratoga scenic rail scenic Railroad Senator Gillibrand state parks studies study Syracuse technical assistance tourism Transportation Transportation Alternatives Transportation enhancements Tupper lake Ulster County utica walking walkway Walkway over the Hudson webinar
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?