|Bicycle and Pedestrian Funding under Attack Again
Contact your Senators Again Today to Save Transportation Enhancements Funding
It’s happening again. Just one month ago, Sen. Coburn (R-OK) failed in his efforts to strip funding for Transportation Enhancements from the six-month transportation extension.
Now, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) is taking the lead in trying to destroy Transportation Enhancements. On November 1, the Senate will finalize the transportation appropriations bill, which sets funding levels for FY2012. Sen. Paul has offered an amendment to redirect all funding for Transportation Enhancements to bridge repair.
If the Paul amendment succeeds, it will make it much more challenging to sustain funding for Transportation Enhancements, Safe Routes to School, and Recreational Trails in the long-term transportation bill that the Environment and Public Works Committee starts debating just 8 days later on November 9.
This is the third time in a month that a few Senators have targeted Transportation Enhancements, using a different angle each time. It is a waste of the Senate’s time and taxpayers dollars to focus on this small and valuable program when we are in dire need of real and viable solutions to fix our failing transportation system.
Thank you for your help today, and for passing the call to action along.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- Thanks for being a great host! We loved getting the great tour of your beautiful park! twitter.com/LICWaterfront/… 13 hours ago
- SAVE THE DATE: Canal Clean Sweep 2020 will be held on April 18-19, 2020. Keep an eye out on ptny.org… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- RT @NYstateparks: ❄️🏒 The Binghamton Pond Festival kicks-off tomorrow at Chenango Valley State Park. Don't miss this multi-weekend event. V… 1 week ago
- RT @ErikKulleseid: More parkland! @NYGovcuomo's #SOTS2020 proposal includes two new State Parks--a reimagined #HudsonRiver waterfront park… 1 week ago
- Exciting proposal from @NYGovCuomo to add a new @NYstateparks in #Kingston : Reimagining formerly industrial Hudson… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Canal Corporation
- Canal Corps
- capital region
- Clean Sweep
- close the gaps
- Complete Streets
- dutchess county
- economic development
- Governor Cuomo
- Hudson River
- Hudson Valley
- lake placid
- national park's service
- national trails day
- New York
- new york city
- recreational trails program
- ribbon cutting
- Safe routes to school
- scenic rail
- scenic Railroad
- Senator Gillibrand
- state parks
- technical assistance
- Transportation Alternatives
- Transportation enhancements
- Tupper lake
- Ulster County
- Walkway over the Hudson
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?