|Grants of up to $10,000 are available to municipalities and not-for-profit corporations to implement the Hudson River Estuary Action Agenda, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Commissioner Joe Martens announced today. The deadline for applying is July 20.
Approximately $150,000 is available from the state Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) for projects on the Hudson Estuary. Grants are capped at $10,000. To date, the Hudson River Estuary Program has awarded 346 grants totaling $11.7 million.
The Hudson River Estuary Action Agenda can be viewed at http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/5104.html.
Grant application forms are available on DEC’s website at: www.dec.ny.gov/lands/5091.html .
Any questions and/or concerns can be directed to Jill Shaw, Grants Manager at DEC’s Albany Office at (518) 402-8270. Completed grant applications should be submitted by mail to Jill Shaw, Hudson River Estuary Grants Manager, NYSDEC, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-3507.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- Just Opened: Shirley Chisholm State Park -- #NYC newest and largest public park. The 407-acre park located on the J… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- One of our marvelous state historic sites is lively with happy riders this sunny morning on their 46-mile pedal to… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Day 7 begins as riders pack up at one of the more picturesque overnight locations on the tour. Their 46 mile ride t… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- RT @_talkfm: It's OK to call him a BIKER! John Walsh from Staten Island (and retired NYC firefighter) stops by to explain why he loves Cycl… 6 days ago
- View of our morning reststop through the window of Roser Communications studios who are providing the space here on… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 days ago
- Canal Corporation
- Canal Corps
- capital region
- Clean Sweep
- close the gaps
- Complete Streets
- dutchess county
- economic development
- Governor Cuomo
- Hudson River
- Hudson Valley
- lake placid
- national park's service
- national trails day
- New York
- new york city
- recreational trails program
- ribbon cutting
- Safe routes to school
- scenic rail
- scenic Railroad
- Senator Gillibrand
- state parks
- technical assistance
- Transportation Alternatives
- Transportation enhancements
- Tupper lake
- Ulster County
- Walkway over the Hudson
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?