|Grants of up to $10,000 are available to municipalities and not-for-profit corporations to implement the Hudson River Estuary Action Agenda, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Commissioner Joe Martens announced today. The deadline for applying is July 20.
Approximately $150,000 is available from the state Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) for projects on the Hudson Estuary. Grants are capped at $10,000. To date, the Hudson River Estuary Program has awarded 346 grants totaling $11.7 million.
The Hudson River Estuary Action Agenda can be viewed at http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/5104.html.
Grant application forms are available on DEC’s website at: www.dec.ny.gov/lands/5091.html .
Any questions and/or concerns can be directed to Jill Shaw, Grants Manager at DEC’s Albany Office at (518) 402-8270. Completed grant applications should be submitted by mail to Jill Shaw, Hudson River Estuary Grants Manager, NYSDEC, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-3507.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- Lots of new funding for bike trails around the state. Is there a project near you? fb.me/6kFATSpgn 16 hours ago
- It's just too clean out here! @BartonLoguidice @NYSCanalCorp #CanalCleanSweep Still fun at Colonie Town Park! https://t.co/Uz9Wrvx54L 1 day ago
- #CanalCleanSweep ing with @BartonLoguidice Colonie Town Park Thanks for sponsoring this year B+L @NYSCanalCorp https://t.co/6S4WtkAK3t 1 day ago
- Happy Arbor Day! fb.me/7C659kkAm 1 day ago
- Bike to Work Day 2017 is Friday, May 19th! Participate in an event near you! #BikeToWorkDay https://t.co/BOHTA3BB4N 2 days ago
TagsAdirondacks advocacy albany amtrak ARTA awards bikes Bridge budget Buffalo Canal Corporation Canal Corps capital region Clean Sweep close the gaps Complete Streets congress Cuomo cycling dutchess county economic development economy Enhancements EPF funding Gillibrand Governor Cuomo Grant grants greenway history HTHP Hudson River Hudson Valley infrastructure jobs kingston lake placid legislation MAP-21 maps money national park's service national trails day New York new york city NYSDOT oprhp parks poughkeepsie recreation recreational trails program ribbon cutting RTP Safe routes to school saratoga scenic rail scenic Railroad Senator Gillibrand state parks studies study Syracuse technical assistance tourism Transportation Transportation Alternatives Transportation enhancements Tupper lake Ulster County utica walking walkway Walkway over the Hudson webinar
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?