|Grants of up to $10,000 are available to municipalities and not-for-profit corporations to implement the Hudson River Estuary Action Agenda, New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) Commissioner Joe Martens announced today. The deadline for applying is July 20.
Approximately $150,000 is available from the state Environmental Protection Fund (EPF) for projects on the Hudson Estuary. Grants are capped at $10,000. To date, the Hudson River Estuary Program has awarded 346 grants totaling $11.7 million.
The Hudson River Estuary Action Agenda can be viewed at http://www.dec.ny.gov/lands/5104.html.
Grant application forms are available on DEC’s website at: www.dec.ny.gov/lands/5091.html .
Any questions and/or concerns can be directed to Jill Shaw, Grants Manager at DEC’s Albany Office at (518) 402-8270. Completed grant applications should be submitted by mail to Jill Shaw, Hudson River Estuary Grants Manager, NYSDEC, 625 Broadway, Albany, NY 12233-3507.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- Work continues on the #EmpireStateTrail buff.ly/2mxjtwC https://t.co/qpHwjLFXHg 1 day ago
- Protecting parks and historic sites benefits people, the environment and the economy! #SaveLWCF… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- Trails, trails, trails. fb.me/2lmmors0z 2 days ago
- Have you completed the Erie Canalway Trail in 2017? We want to hear from you! fb.me/zFhFg6PA 3 days ago
- Have you completed the Erie Canalway Trail in 2017? We want to hear from you! buff.ly/2z9smSK https://t.co/TQwsqnDh5E 3 days ago
- Canal Corporation
- Canal Corps
- capital region
- Clean Sweep
- close the gaps
- Complete Streets
- dutchess county
- economic development
- Governor Cuomo
- Hudson River
- Hudson Valley
- lake placid
- national park's service
- national trails day
- New York
- new york city
- recreational trails program
- ribbon cutting
- Safe routes to school
- scenic rail
- scenic Railroad
- Senator Gillibrand
- state parks
- technical assistance
- Transportation Alternatives
- Transportation enhancements
- Tupper lake
- Ulster County
- Walkway over the Hudson
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?