|Funding for programs that have done so much to support bicycling and walking for almost two decades are seriously threatened. The House members of the conference committee charged with drafting new transportation legislation want to eliminate local governments’ ability to access federal funds for small transportation projects.
It’s unbelievable, but House members of the conference committee are insisting that any new federal transportation bill allow states to opt out of bicycling and walking and Safe Routes to School funding.
We can’t let that happen!
The existing legislation expires June 30 so you must act today.
We’ve asked and you’ve responded, but please make a call one more time. Our elected officials need to hear your strong support for funding for trails, biking and walking.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- The Journey Along the Erie Canal ride begins today! Good luck cyclists!! @ourability buff.ly/2roQOKX https://t.co/YXT0j18xXi 7 hours ago
- Court rules in favor of protecting parkland in Queens, New York in important park alienation case in which PTNY... fb.me/2UEAGdTwA 12 hours ago
- What would we be without pollinators? Hungry! #NationalPollinatorWeek fb.me/EK7lx70m 1 day ago
- PTNY is getting excited for 2020, when the #EmpireStateTrail will be completed. In anticipation, here are some... fb.me/7nl4Pvw1L 2 days ago
- Wishin’ you could be Fishin’? Join Long Point State Park for #freefishing day June 25! buff.ly/2rVGzPL… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 days ago
TagsAdirondacks advocacy albany amtrak ARTA awards bikes Bridge budget Buffalo Canal Corporation Canal Corps capital region Clean Sweep close the gaps Complete Streets congress Cuomo cycling dutchess county economic development economy Enhancements EPF funding Gillibrand Governor Cuomo Grant grants greenway history HTHP Hudson River Hudson Valley infrastructure jobs kingston lake placid legislation MAP-21 maps money national park's service national trails day New York new york city NYSDOT oprhp parks poughkeepsie recreation recreational trails program ribbon cutting RTP Safe routes to school saratoga scenic rail scenic Railroad Senator Gillibrand state parks studies study Syracuse technical assistance tourism Transportation Transportation Alternatives Transportation enhancements Tupper lake Ulster County utica walking walkway Walkway over the Hudson webinar
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?