|Funding for programs that have done so much to support bicycling and walking for almost two decades are seriously threatened. The House members of the conference committee charged with drafting new transportation legislation want to eliminate local governments’ ability to access federal funds for small transportation projects.
It’s unbelievable, but House members of the conference committee are insisting that any new federal transportation bill allow states to opt out of bicycling and walking and Safe Routes to School funding.
We can’t let that happen!
The existing legislation expires June 30 so you must act today.
We’ve asked and you’ve responded, but please make a call one more time. Our elected officials need to hear your strong support for funding for trails, biking and walking.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- RT @ErikKulleseid: Honored to stand with @LtGovHochulNY on behalf of @NYGovCuomo to launch the #REDI implementation phase in Niagara and Or… 1 day ago
- Urge Gov. Cuomo today to sign the trails plan bill! - mailchi.mp/ptny.org/trail… https://t.co/W2lTE7ToRe 2 days ago
- RT @NYstateparks: Rescue at Niagara Falls. Amazing job! Thank you to the New York State Park Police, Niagara Falls firefighters and all the… 6 days ago
- Your Last Chance to Register - mailchi.mp/ptny.org/summe… https://t.co/11vjOOHDQK 6 days ago
- Don't forget to register... - mailchi.mp/ptny.org/summe… https://t.co/7Whe6B6OV8 2 weeks ago
- Canal Corporation
- Canal Corps
- capital region
- Clean Sweep
- close the gaps
- Complete Streets
- dutchess county
- economic development
- Governor Cuomo
- Hudson River
- Hudson Valley
- lake placid
- national park's service
- national trails day
- New York
- new york city
- recreational trails program
- ribbon cutting
- Safe routes to school
- scenic rail
- scenic Railroad
- Senator Gillibrand
- state parks
- technical assistance
- Transportation Alternatives
- Transportation enhancements
- Tupper lake
- Ulster County
- Walkway over the Hudson
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?