|Funding for programs that have done so much to support bicycling and walking for almost two decades are seriously threatened. The House members of the conference committee charged with drafting new transportation legislation want to eliminate local governments’ ability to access federal funds for small transportation projects.
It’s unbelievable, but House members of the conference committee are insisting that any new federal transportation bill allow states to opt out of bicycling and walking and Safe Routes to School funding.
We can’t let that happen!
The existing legislation expires June 30 so you must act today.
We’ve asked and you’ve responded, but please make a call one more time. Our elected officials need to hear your strong support for funding for trails, biking and walking.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- This #HolidaySeason give yourself the #gift of: •Pristine #NYSParks •Tempting #NYSTrails •Beautiful Beaches •Engagi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 hours ago
- Another sneak peek 👀at the program for next Thursday's Webinar on Fundraising & Membership. Our second guest speak… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 23 hours ago
- We're happy to join @PatriciaFahy109, @NYstateparks, @REI, @OpenSpaceInst, @tpl_org, @AHANewYork, and others to ta… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Whether you're a business owner, community leader, resident, or cyclist learn how you can help draw in local trail… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- To everyone who helped us wildly surpass our goal of $1,000 for #GivingTuesday… You are amazing! We are so… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- Canal Corporation
- Canal Corps
- capital region
- Clean Sweep
- close the gaps
- Complete Streets
- dutchess county
- economic development
- Governor Cuomo
- Hudson River
- Hudson Valley
- lake placid
- national park's service
- national trails day
- New York
- new york city
- recreational trails program
- ribbon cutting
- Safe routes to school
- scenic rail
- scenic Railroad
- Senator Gillibrand
- state parks
- technical assistance
- Transportation Alternatives
- Transportation enhancements
- Tupper lake
- Ulster County
- Walkway over the Hudson
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?