Calling all people working to promote the role of parks and public lands in contributing to people’s physical and mental health, and social well-being. The National Park Service’s (NPS) Healthy Parks Healthy People Program has announced the establishment of the NPS Healthy Parks Healthy People US Award for 2013. The award recognizes outstanding achievements in the following categories:
- · Healthy Hero
- · Healthy Recreation
- · Healthy and Sustainable Food
- · Healthy Habitat
- · Healthy Science
- · Healthy Future
To be eligible for consideration, nominations must meet all of the following criteria:
- Increase public recognition of the value of parks and public lands to improve and maintain health and well-being.
- Promote and encourage people to enjoy parks and public lands for one or more of the following: physical health, mental health, and social well-being.
- Any project submissions should be complete or well underway before being submitted for consideration.
- If involving a partner under an agreement or contract with NPS, demonstrate how the partner demonstrated exceptional practice in meeting or exceeding agreement/contract requirements.