Tour and discussion, 3pm this Saturday
As part of this year’s Hudson River Valley Ramble, the Kingston Land Trust and members of its Rail Trail Committee are hosting a walking tour of the proposed Kingston Point Rail Trail on Saturday, 9/14. This trail, which connects midtown to the Rondout via a section of the former Ulster & Delaware Railroad, is part of the Kingston Land Trust’s vision for the Kingston Greenline – a multi-use trail network linking Kingston’s residents and visitors to the City’s rich cultural, historical, recreational and commercial offerings.
The tour begins promptly at 3pm from the parking lot of the Rondout Savings Bank, 300 Broadway in Kingston. Participants should wear sturdy boots, since the trail is still undeveloped and the walk will cross over wet and weedy sections. Advanced registration is encouraged, but not required.
Parks & Trails New York is working with the Kingston Land Trust and the Rail Trail Committee as part of its Healthy Trails, Healthy People program to engage the community in exploring the feasibility of connecting existing and proposed rail trails into the city.
- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
Error: Twitter did not respond. Please wait a few minutes and refresh this page.
TagsAdirondacks advocacy albany amtrak ARTA awards bikes Bridge budget Buffalo Canal Corporation Canal Corps capital region Clean Sweep close the gaps Complete Streets congress Cuomo cycling dutchess county economic development economy Enhancements EPF funding Gillibrand Governor Cuomo Grant grants greenway history HTHP Hudson River Hudson Valley infrastructure jobs kingston lake placid legislation MAP-21 maps money national park's service national trails day New York new york city NYSDOT oprhp parks poughkeepsie recreation recreational trails program ribbon cutting RTP Safe routes to school saratoga scenic rail scenic Railroad Senator Gillibrand state parks studies study Syracuse technical assistance tourism Transportation Transportation Alternatives Transportation enhancements Tupper lake Ulster County utica walking walkway Walkway over the Hudson webinar
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?