- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- Calling all artists! ART is now accepting proposals for murals on the Helderburg Hudson Rail Trail!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 hour ago
- Planning a trip on the Erie Canal? Check out our interactive map to find bike friendly businesses along the trail!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 3 hours ago
- PTNY took some folks from the NYS Health Foundation on a tour of the Corning Riverfront Park in Albany, New York... fb.me/8MIbeZrUE 6 hours ago
- The Journey Along the Erie Canal ride begins today! Good luck cyclists!! @ourability buff.ly/2roQOKX https://t.co/YXT0j18xXi 1 day ago
- Court rules in favor of protecting parkland in Queens, New York in important park alienation case in which PTNY... fb.me/2UEAGdTwA 1 day ago
TagsAdirondacks advocacy albany amtrak ARTA awards bikes Bridge budget Buffalo Canal Corporation Canal Corps capital region Clean Sweep close the gaps Complete Streets congress Cuomo cycling dutchess county economic development economy Enhancements EPF funding Gillibrand Governor Cuomo Grant grants greenway history HTHP Hudson River Hudson Valley infrastructure jobs kingston lake placid legislation MAP-21 maps money national park's service national trails day New York new york city NYSDOT oprhp parks poughkeepsie recreation recreational trails program ribbon cutting RTP Safe routes to school saratoga scenic rail scenic Railroad Senator Gillibrand state parks studies study Syracuse technical assistance tourism Transportation Transportation Alternatives Transportation enhancements Tupper lake Ulster County utica walking walkway Walkway over the Hudson webinar
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?
June 2017 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: Canalway Trail
Earlier this month we told you about two trail bridges that close significant gaps. The long-awaited reopening of the historic Dix Bridge between Saratoga and Washington counties is scheduled for Friday, Nov. 8. The 426-foot steel span, built in 1895, … Continue reading
Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?
Earlier this week we told you about two ribbon cuttings for significant trail bridges, one being the Black Bridge in the Albany County city of Cohoes. It turns out there’s a lot going on in the Capital Region when it … Continue reading
Cohoes Trail Bridge to Open Cohoes’ Black Bridge Trail project, a decade in the making, is finally completed. A ribbon cutting ceremony to celebrate this project that was approved in 2004 will take place on Thursday, October 17th at 3:00pm. This bridge … Continue reading
“Bicyclists Bring Business!” Roundtable Wednesday, October 9, 6:00 to 8:00 p.m at the Kallet Civic Center, 159 Main Street, Oneida, NY 13421 Learn more about the cyclists that travel the Erie Canalway Trail now as well as how your business and community can market to … Continue reading
U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand renewed her call for Amtrak to include bicycle racks in its plans to modernize the rolling stock used in train services between New York City and Buffalo. The inclusion of bicycle racks would provide ease of … Continue reading
Now, plan your trip by desktop or smartphone Parks & Trails New York is pleased to introduce an optimized version of our interactive Erie Canalway Trail map, first developed in 2008, which is designed to function on both desktop PCs … Continue reading
The RTP grant application is currently available through the Consolidated Funding Application (CFA) located at: http://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/ RTP funds can be used for the following Maintenance or restoration of existing recreational trails Development or rehabilitation of trailside and trailhead facilities and trail … Continue reading
U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer and state Sens. Betty Little of Warren County and Brad Hoylman of Manhattan are asking Amtrak to permit roll-on bikes, as it would bring visitors and tourism dollars into New York state. The legislators held a … Continue reading
Parks & Trails New York and the New York State Canal Corporation appreciate your dedication this past weekend. Thousands of volunteers participated in the Canal Clean Sweep April 19-21 Check out some event pictures. Did you miss a Clean Sweep event … Continue reading