- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- Support Parks and Trails Through Your Workplace buff.ly/2gBeVjm https://t.co/sqSySxWQ97 18 hours ago
- Who doesn't love Letchworth State Park! fb.me/37yWXXxf4 23 hours ago
- New Tools for Bike Network Study buff.ly/2yldsHs https://t.co/d2v0W4fI7H 1 day ago
- What is your vision for the @OrangetownNY cycling network? Share your ideas at buff.ly/2yeBGU3 https://t.co/rtDP4X48tL 2 days ago
- Welcome New Planning Intern! buff.ly/2gesMiA https://t.co/E4wJjCoaoK 3 days ago
TagsAdirondacks advocacy albany amtrak ARTA awards bikes Bridge budget Buffalo Canal Corporation Canal Corps capital region Clean Sweep close the gaps Complete Streets congress Cuomo cycling dutchess county economic development economy Enhancements EPF funding Gillibrand Governor Cuomo Grant grants greenway history HTHP Hudson River Hudson Valley infrastructure jobs kingston lake placid legislation MAP-21 maps money national park's service national trails day New York new york city NYSDOT oprhp parks poughkeepsie recreation recreational trails program ribbon cutting RTP Safe routes to school saratoga scenic rail scenic Railroad Senator Gillibrand state parks studies study Syracuse technical assistance tourism Transportation Transportation Alternatives Transportation enhancements Tupper lake Ulster County utica walking walkway Walkway over the Hudson webinar
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?
October 2017 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Category Archives: High Speed Rail
U.S. Senator Kirsten Gillibrand renewed her call for Amtrak to include bicycle racks in its plans to modernize the rolling stock used in train services between New York City and Buffalo. The inclusion of bicycle racks would provide ease of … Continue reading
U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer and state Sens. Betty Little of Warren County and Brad Hoylman of Manhattan are asking Amtrak to permit roll-on bikes, as it would bring visitors and tourism dollars into New York state. The legislators held a … Continue reading
Last week’s measures to avoid the Fiscal Cliff led to some drastic compromises in the tax code and budgets for government agencies. Here’s how the fiscal cliff legislation affected programs and policies that promote and support transit, cycling and walking: … Continue reading
Friday, the House and Senate finally passed a new two-year federal surface transportation bill that will have a profoundly negative effect on funding for trails, bicycling and walking. It’s a shocking setback for active transportation, but we could have lost everything … Continue reading
Read more about the Regional Plan Association’s concept to align infrastructure (both physical and digital superhighways). The NY outdoors blog asks, why not trails, too?
Campaign generates widespread support Although no new Erie Canalway Trail was opened in 2011, there is dramatically renewed interest in completing the cross-state trail among citizens, community leaders, and elected officials at all levels of government, according to the second … Continue reading
Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman Congressman John L. Mica (R-FL) is hosting listening sessions and other meetings around the country to inform the House Transportation and Infrastructure Committee’s drafting of a long-term reauthorization of the nation’s surface transportation programs. The Committee is … Continue reading
PTNY attended the initial scoping meetings as part of the detailed environmental review for the High Speed Rail Empire Corridor Project (HSR Project) to recommend to the New York State Department of Transportation that when negotiating with CSX as part … Continue reading