- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- What would we be without pollinators? Hungry! #NationalPollinatorWeek fb.me/EK7lx70m 16 hours ago
- PTNY is getting excited for 2020, when the #EmpireStateTrail will be completed. In anticipation, here are some... fb.me/7nl4Pvw1L 1 day ago
- Wishin’ you could be Fishin’? Join Long Point State Park for #freefishing day June 25! buff.ly/2rVGzPL… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- #LWCF protects special places in New York, 84% budget cuts will hurt our local communities. fb.me/1GEoOC86H 2 days ago
- #LWCF protects special places in New York, 84% budget cuts will hurt our communities https://t.co/sJGjqRjVlX 3 days ago
TagsAdirondacks advocacy albany amtrak ARTA awards bikes Bridge budget Buffalo Canal Corporation Canal Corps capital region Clean Sweep close the gaps Complete Streets congress Cuomo cycling dutchess county economic development economy Enhancements EPF funding Gillibrand Governor Cuomo Grant grants greenway history HTHP Hudson River Hudson Valley infrastructure jobs kingston lake placid legislation MAP-21 maps money national park's service national trails day New York new york city NYSDOT oprhp parks poughkeepsie recreation recreational trails program ribbon cutting RTP Safe routes to school saratoga scenic rail scenic Railroad Senator Gillibrand state parks studies study Syracuse technical assistance tourism Transportation Transportation Alternatives Transportation enhancements Tupper lake Ulster County utica walking walkway Walkway over the Hudson webinar
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?
June 2017 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30
Category Archives: Utility Corridors
A long-proposed bike and jogging path running along the Long Island Power Authority (LIPA) transmission lines in Suffolk County is finally moving forward. On July 30, County Executive Bellone signed a 25-year agreement reached between the county legislature and LIPA on July … Continue reading
The Kingston Land Trust Rail Trail Committee organizes cleanup of the Kingston Link Trail as part of Kingston Clean Sweep presented by the Friends of Historic Kingston and Kingston Parks and Recreation Department on Saturday, April 21st 2012 at 9:00am. Volunteers are … Continue reading
It works. That’s the highest praise for any project in downtown Syracuse, and it certainly applies to the new Onondaga Creekwalk, a 2.6-mile greenway from Armory Square to Onondaga Lake. During Thursday’s lunch hour, dozens of walkers and joggers came … Continue reading
Read more about the Regional Plan Association’s concept to align infrastructure (both physical and digital superhighways). The NY outdoors blog asks, why not trails, too?
In mid-May, the Office of Senator Kirsten Gillibrand, in collaboration with Parks & Trails New York, the NYS Canal Corporation and the Herkimer-Oneida County Transportation Study (HOCTS), convened the fourth in a series of “Closing the Gaps” roundtables in Utica. … Continue reading
It has taken many years and a considerable amount of advocacy on the part of Long Island historians and trail advocates, but at last Nassau County has released a plan to establish the Long Island Motor Parkway Trail as a … Continue reading
Winter Walk first step in Erie-Cattaraugus Rail Trail development Frigid temperatures and blowing snow did not deter more than 100 area residents from turning out for the first trail event for the Erie Cattaraugus Rail Trail (ECRT) south of Buffalo. Sponsored … Continue reading
Trail development is tough work. No one ever said it was easy, but there are some hurdles that are so frustratingly difficult to overcome that they can stop a project dead in its tracks even when there’s overwhelming agreement on … Continue reading
The New York State Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation (OPRHP) is pleased to announce the completion of the Final Statewide Trails Plan/FGEIS. The Plan provides existing information on trails in the state and lays out the overall vision, … Continue reading