- Canalway Trail Climate Change CTEC Cycling Advocacy Department of Environmental Conservation Erie Canalway Trail Fiscal impact Grants Health High Speed Rail I Love My Park Day National Trails Day Newsletter NYSDOT Open Space OPRHP Parks Parks advocacy Publications Rail Banking Rail Trail Survey Trails Transit Uncategorized Utility Corridors
- Everything you need to know about the eclipse. Enter your zip code and find out what you’ll see and the time... fb.me/L270va1b 1 hour ago
- Discover how to cater to the growing market of trail users at our Bicyclists Bring Business events in Utica!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 day ago
- Great news! Field work starts for 34-mile Adirondack rail-trail cnycentral.com/news/local/fie… 1 day ago
- We are loving our national parks to death. Luckily we have amazing outdoor places close to home in NYS to enjoy. fb.me/4tBg7DW4O 2 days ago
- @WAMCVoxPop @CycleTheErie ...And don't forget to look for #BikeFriendlyNewYork certified businesses on your next ri… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
TagsAdirondacks advocacy albany amtrak ARTA awards bikes Bridge budget Buffalo Canal Corporation Canal Corps capital region Clean Sweep close the gaps Complete Streets congress Cuomo cycling dutchess county economic development economy Enhancements EPF funding Gillibrand Governor Cuomo Grant grants greenway history HTHP Hudson River Hudson Valley infrastructure jobs kingston lake placid legislation MAP-21 maps money national park's service national trails day New York new york city NYSDOT oprhp parks poughkeepsie recreation recreational trails program ribbon cutting RTP Safe routes to school saratoga scenic rail scenic Railroad Senator Gillibrand state parks studies study Syracuse technical assistance tourism Transportation Transportation Alternatives Transportation enhancements Tupper lake Ulster County utica walking walkway Walkway over the Hudson webinar
- “Is It O.K. to Kill Cyclists?” And how can we change that?
- Dutchess Rail Trail extension to officially open
- Another important trail bridge will host a ribbon cutting this fall
- Complete Streets workshops to be held in Kingston
- Live, work, or play in Albany? What improvements to the waterfront and Corning Preserve Trail would you like to see?
August 2017 M T W T F S S « Nov 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Tag Archives: tourism
U.S. Sen. Charles Schumer and state Sens. Betty Little of Warren County and Brad Hoylman of Manhattan are asking Amtrak to permit roll-on bikes, as it would bring visitors and tourism dollars into New York state. The legislators held a … Continue reading
Get inspired to explore the Erie Canalway Trail in 2013! Check out this new video slideshow from our partners at the Erie Canalway National Heritage Corridor.
The North Elba town board has officially requested that the state remove the train tracks between Lake Placid and Saranac Lake to make the construction of a multi-use recreational trail cheaper and more efficient. A resolution passed at a board … Continue reading
After decades of work, a 1.3-mile multi-use trail in the Clinton County city of Plattsburgh is now open for use. Officials cut the ribbon Monday on the first phase of a trail along the Saranac River in Plattsburgh. The … Continue reading
The Governor’s budget proposal is good news for parks and trails. Now it’s up to the Legislature, and they need to hear from YOU. It’s important that legislators know their constituents support the Governor’s proposal and we have not one, … Continue reading
Today is the final day to submit comments on DEC’s flawed plan for fracking in NY. While the proposal includes a ban on surface drilling in state-owned parks and trails, the proposed regulations do not go far enough to protect … Continue reading
In late October, Parks & Trails NY and NYS Canal Corporation held the 10thBicyclists Bring Business roundtable in Little Falls. More than fifty people attended representing interests from avid cyclists to local business owners, redevelopment advocates, and elected officials. Regardless … Continue reading
The Friends of the Upper Hudson Rail Trail, Inc. emerged in early 2009 to encourage the development of a 29-mile rail trail from North Creek to Tahawus, NY. Parks & Trails New York began assisting the Friends of the Upper Hudson Rail … Continue reading