The RTP grant application is currently available through the Consolidated Funding Application (CFA) located at: http://regionalcouncils.ny.gov/
RTP funds can be used for the following
- Maintenance or restoration of existing recreational trails
- Development or rehabilitation of trailside and trailhead facilities and trail linkages for recreational trails
- Purchase or lease of recreational trail construction and maintenance equipment
- Construction of new recreational trails
- Acquisition of property (fee simple, easement) for recreational trails or recreational trail corridors
Non-profit organizations may apply for this trail funding, but they may be required to grant the State a permanent conservation easement to the property?
Be aware that the CFA includes many different grant programs. Depending on the type of grant you are applying for, you may be able to apply for multiple grant programs at the same time. The CFA program will walk you through the application process.
Additional information on OPRHP-administered grant programs and helpful resource documents for EPF and RTP grant applications can be found at: http://nysparks.com/grants/default.aspx
The CFA grant round for these competitive grants opened on June 17th and will close on August 12th.